Thursday, January 24, 2013

brain's a poppin'

No, not some kind of weird new dish... Just the way my mind is feeling these days. I was in creative mode before attending Vogue Knitting Live but that experience just ramped it up. I feel as if my brain has been turned up to 11 (and if you don't know that reference, you must watch "This is Spinal Tap" at your earliest opportunity).

My brain is in a creative swirl: colors and textures and ideas and inspirations all twisting and flowing around each other in a crazy psychedelic array. Each thread of thought must be captured individually and pulled apart from the other ideas, so it can be given proper attention before it's gone forever, but any attempt to concentrate on details has been like trying to get a teenage girl to study calculus during prom season.

I needed to get something finished up and off my brain waves. Even though I cast this on right after coming back from NYC, my Magdalin Hat is done—and none too soon, given this brutally cold weather.



It may have moved to the top of the list because the yarn is from a yarn shop in NYC (Stitch Therapy), purchased by my brother and sister-in-law for my birthday last April. It has been said before but it bears repeating: I have an awesome family. It is Madelinetosh DK, and every wonderful thing that has ever been said about this yarn is true.



The pattern was also from Stitch Therapy, actually its lovely owner, Maxcine Degouttes. The photos are by my wonderful Secondo, who tends to have more patience with such things. The background was courtesy of my class with Louisa Harding. An improvement upon my usual, I think!



The hat even matches my new fingerless gloves! Next up: I must have some sort of neck covering to match. Scarf? Cowl? My mind is awhirl with possibilities. I am casting on tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new hat...and the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hat! It's so lustrous that I thought it must be Coopworth. And before I forget again...your header photo is amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete