Monday, July 7, 2014

party time

Graduation party done and dusted, thank the heavens. I am completely wrung out, and it was a very rough weekend, but we made it through and can put that check mark on the calendar.



One of the problems was that, for a variety of reasons which don't bear going into, entertaining has become an incredibly stressful enterprise for me. I am now more or less the equivalent of the anti-Martha Stewart, and if I were left to my own devices the guests probably would have been sitting on the grass drinking out of a garden hose.

God knew what he was doing when he gave me three sons. A wedding would no doubt put me in the loony bin.



Luckily my husband is much more gifted in this department and he handled pretty much all the arrangements and guest amenities. Everyone seemed to have a good time, including the guest of honor, so we were all grateful for my husband's attention to detail. Horseshoes and quoits, badminton and wiffle ball, ultimate frisbee and tetherball... every gaming inclination (except electronic, the house was off-limits) was covered.

If you didn't want to play games, or even if you did and needed some refreshment, plenty of food and drinks of all categories for you. I am not kidding when I say my husband hit it out of the park, with some help from a great catering team.


The weather was made to order. Absolutely spectacular after the storm passed through, and we all enjoyed light breezes and low humidity and temps in the low 80s. In NJ in July? Unheard of!

Unfortunately our septic system was not super-happy with having 80+ people descend upon it in one go, as it were, and we paid the price today. Literally.




Definitely not a welcome sight in our driveway this afternoon, though don't get me wrong, I was happy to see him. I much prefer the shot of the tent, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment