Thursday, January 8, 2015

tea, anyone?

Exciting new teaching developments this year! First up is the Downton Abbey-themed tea I will be hostessing at Woolbearers Yarn Shop in Mount Holly this Sunday January 11 at 1 pm. Tea will be served in china teacups, my own personal collection, along with a few other tea-time treats.





In conjunction with the tea, I will be leading a knit-a-long for the Going to Town Tam from the Unofficial Downton Abbey Knits 2014. I loved working out and working on this pattern, an adaptation of a tam from a circa-1920s Fleisher's Yarn knitting booklet. I can't wait to switch up the colors in my second one.

Photograph © Interweave Press


Can't attend in person? Join us in a virtual knit-a-long! If you don't have the Unofficial Downton Abbey Knits 2014 yet, I have great news for you: just in time for the start of the fifth season of Downton Abbey on PBS, this collection of patterns is on sale. Go to the Interweave Press Store and enter the code DOWNTON20 to get 20% off this issue (three of my patterns and lots of other beautiful patterns in there). But hurry: code is only good today January 8 through January 16.

Any questions, pm me on Ravelry; my username is winterspastkris. Hope you will be knitting along!

No comments:

Post a Comment